RE: [N8VEM-S100:628] Re: S-100 68K CPU board status

Hi Dave, I don't remember any major issues with the original V1 board. If
you have the Wilcox book and do it step by step as he describes it makes it
really easy.  I have written most of the major stuff up here:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/68000%20Board/68K%20CPU%20Board
.htm

The only thing was a screw-up with the wait state circuit around U33. The
labels were  duplicated and confused the router. I am attaching the more
elaborate V3 prototype schematic (runs as a master/slave), ignore most of
the stuff but you should see how U33 inputs should be.

Great you will give the software a shot.  You might want to consider the
basic monitor I wrote as a basis to splice in the code for the IDE board.
It?s already setup for the Console I/O board.  Look at my 8086 code to get
you started. See here:-

http://s100computers.com/Software%20Folder/8086%20Monitor/8086%20Monitor.htm

Frankly I found the Motorola monitor too convoluted and complex and way
overkill for what we need.

On the above page is a link to the monitor and the completely self-contained
windows compatible IDE 68K assembler
(Easy68K) Runs like a charm!

Good luck
John