RE: [N8VEM-S100:978] i960 / V96BMC ~BLAST timing

Thanks Mike, now I understand, makes sense. The 80386 does/can pipeline its
addresses. It has a dedicated pin "Next Address, or NA#" to indicate it is
emitting the address and status signals for the next bus cycle during the
current cycle, but I guess that is different from a 80486 burst request
where the 486 just slams down addresses back to back (and then when done)
pulls the BLAST* pin.

Really anxious to see how you do with high capacity DRAMs/conrtroller. It
really would be great to have a GB capacity S-100 board since DRAM SIMMS are
so cheap these days.  On top of that, any RAM layout would be generally
applicable to any 80386 SBC type of setup since our ribbon cable "over the
top" connection is our choice of lines.  The S-100 aspect just makes
communication/storage etc. simpler.

John

John Monahan Ph.D
e-mail: mon...@vitasoft.org