Re: [N8VEM-S100:980] i960 / V96BMC ~BLAST timing

On 7/16/2012 5:12 PM, John Monahan wrote:

Really anxious to see how you do with high capacity DRAMs/conrtroller. It
really would be great to have a GB capacity S-100 board since DRAM SIMMS are
so cheap these days.  On top of that, any RAM layout would be generally
applicable to any 80386 SBC type of setup since our ribbon cable "over the
top" connection is our choice of lines.  The S-100 aspect just makes
communication/storage etc. simpler.

John

I would be concerned about the signal integrity of an "over the top"
connection operating a '386 memory speeds.

I would think that a daughter card would be a much better idea even if
the card occupied two s-100 slots.

Do you have any tools to simulate signals?

Rob.