From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Terry Sare
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 7:10 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:983] i960 / V96BMC ~BLAST timing

John,

You can get free versions of SPICE to do models with. I have not used it
since -- err never mind.
http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/
http://www.ti.com/tool/tina-ti

I asked the FA engineer about that at work today (he was ranting about
signal integrity on SAS interface) and he expressed the same concerns about
using ribbon style connections at those speeds as Rob. I asked about the
twisted pair ribbon cables like the used on SCSI 3 cables and he said some
sort of drivers and termination might work.
Cable
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?66666UuZjcFSLXTtOxfEOxz6EVuQEcuZ
gVs6EVs6E666666--

LVDS and MLVDS drivers. It comes in multi-point and point to point and can
drive ribbon cables.
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/an/AN/AN-5017.pdf
TI examples
http://focus.ti.com/paramsearch/docs/parametricsearch.tsp?family=analog&fami
lyId=546&uiTemplateId=NODE_STRY_PGE_T
SN65LVDM1676 - 16-Channel LVDM Transceiver
http://www.ti.com/product/sn65lvdm1676
SN65LVDM1677 - 16-Channel LVDM Transceiver
http://www.ti.com/product/sn65lvdm1677

The other one is SER/DES but those are point to point only. Used in LCD,
HDTV, and networking links.
http://www.ti.com/product/sn65lvds93
http://www.ti.com/product/ds90c3202#description
http://www.ti.com/product/ds90c3201
70 data lines down to 10 serial at high data rate.

ts