Re: [N8VEM-S100:6068] Dual IDE/CF V2a

>> Great news Roger,

Maybe not.  My happy news was premature.  Rich's suggested changes have gotten rid of the glitches I was seeing in the data that I was writing to, and reading from, the CF, but I'm still seeing the "sector offset" problem.  This is with both my home-grown utility AND MYIDE (of course, I changed both to separate the ready and busy routines).  It is also (sadly) with the Kingston CF.

For example, if I start at LBA 1 and fill it with hex 31 ('1'), and then go on to LBA 2 and fill it with hex 32 ('2'), etc. etc.  When I go back and look at these sectors (read them back), they are offset by 1.  In other words, if I again start at LBA 1 and read it, I get 512 hex 32 ('2'), and not what I expected.  This offset continues as I read out in increasing LBAs.  Curiously enough, the hex display on the card shows the correct LBA!  The only way I can get rid of this is (and this is in my home-grown utility) to write a random sector (I've been using LBA 3Eh) in the initialization part of the code.  Just once!  If I do that, then everything is OK, and I see sector contents that I expect to see.  If I don't, that 1 sector offset persists throughout my tests.

BUT, at least I'm not seeing stray garbage in what I read and write.  I haven't seen any of that since I followed Rich's hardware and software suggestions.

That's some progress .... I guess.

(Oh, this is with a CompuPro CPU-Z (at 4 MHz), a CompuPro RAM 17 (64k static), and the N8VEM serial card.)

Roger