Re: [N8VEM-S100:6014] Dual IDE/CF V2a

Rich -

When I was getting my Dual IDE card up and running I found that the Toshiba 82C55-10's I had didn't work well. Ironically some rather old Intel and NEC 8255A-5's worked just fine.

I also found that the "generic chinese" CF-IDE adapters from Ebay were flakey. The Syba SD-CF-IDE-DE IDE adapter that Newegg sells for $8.49 works reliably.

At least they might be two other things to try.

- Gary

I have already tested every LS (or S in the case of the 74S03's) chip and they test good as does the 82C55-10. So I will be looking for not low enough lows or not high enough highs and a few nanoseconds of timing errors. It actually is kind of fun in a geek way! ;-)