RE: [N8VEM-S100:4457] Re: CPM3 Disk Image - quick start and Images posted

Neil, that means your hardware is fine.  If you have the ports configured (i.e. unchanged) as in the monitor, CPM3 banked mode switching should be fine.  Read my write-up very carefully however.  Is the MAKECPM submit file goes fine then I suspect something in the boot/sector loading. Does your non-banked version work fine?

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of nbreeden
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 2:41 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4457] Re: CPM3 Disk Image - quick start and Images posted

I've been able to verify that the bank swapping via ports 0xD2 and 0xD3 work as expected. I wrote a unique pattern into each  of the 64 16K banks then read each page back using both 0xD2 and 0xD3 (0x0000-0x3FFF and 0x4000-0x7FFF). I'm confident that the banked memory is working as expected. I'm not sure where to go next with this.

Is there a list of jumper and DIP switch settings / ports used for the base configuration that the banked CPM is setup to use?

For the serial versions which S-100 card is being used to provide the serial port?

-Neil