Re: [N8VEM-S100:6035] Dual IDE/CF V2a

The OKI82C55A-2 arrived this morning, or at least it claims to be an OKI (its been blacktopped), but it does work.
Placing the part into my IDE board cures the 'FF' appearing in the leftmost pair of TIL311 digits whereas all 3 Mitsubishi  M5MB82C55AP-5 chips I have initially start up with '00' in the left hand digits but when a port access is performed they change to 'FF'. this would suggest that the Mitsubishi -5 part is affected by the port B instability issue raised in the OKI data sheet above.

Next time I place a DigiKey order I will get a Intersil 82C55A (8mhz part) which the datasheet is dated 2006 so hopefully a new enough chip revision to not be affected by the port 'B' issue, I don't like blacktopped chips in my system.

regards

David fry