Re: [N8VEM-S100:3186] Re: GAL's and PALASM

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:30 PM, nbreeden wrote:

> I however ran into issues with the AMD parts. If I add a NOT (IE: OUTP1 = /INP1 + INP2) it compiles fine however the part doesn't work on the breadboard; the outputs stay high. Removing the NOT fixes the issue. Note that the part verifies OK in the programmer.
>
> I'm wondering if I need to pick a different part in PALASM? This might be an issue with the fitter not providing the right JED data for the AMD part?

This may be a bit labor intensive, but you can always look at the bitfile and compare it against the fuse maps available in the datasheet.  GALs are relatively simple devices to understand; you may need to cook up a quick Python script or the like to pull out individual fuse bits if you don't want to be doing a lot of mental math and poking around in a hex editor.

Basically, it's possible that it's just generating the wrong fuse values for the part.

- Dave