RE: [N8VEM-S100:3186] Re: GAL's and PALASM

That’s kind of what I also found with the VP-290 Neil.  It said it programmed the AMD GAL’s OK but the actual breadboard hardware test said otherwise.    This is kind of scary because while it is easy to check out simple logic like you have below, it may be difficult to do so with typical applications.

Interesting you got the Lattice chips to program OK using a “Lattice”  chip type.  Mine requires a “National Semiconductor” designation to get the hardware to be correct (even if the programmer said it was OK).

Unfortunately I don’t quite get how the map pattern produced in the .JED file translates to hardware, if you do, we could at least determine if the problem is the Wellon programmer or the PALASM4 software.  It is interesting that the program requires the chip to be named “PALCE22V10”. Could it be there are slightly different specs.

I tried (I think) all GAL types for the AMD 22V10’s, made no difference, in fact some would not program at all.

John