Re: [N8VEM-S100:3116] Re: GAL's and PALASM

My VP-390 arrived today.

I downloaded the latest version of their software and installed it on my Win 8.1 system. I then programmed a 27C64 as a quick test; it worked as expected; the EPROM is in my test system working fine.

Next I moved on to trying 22V10s.

I have some AMD PALCE22V10H-25PC in my stock. I also have some Lattice GAL22V10 I ordered from Jameco.

I wrote a simple PALASM program, an AND and an OR definition.

CHIP ABC_GAL PALCE22V10
.
OUTP14 =  (INP1 * INP2)
OUTP15 =  (INP1 + INP2)

It compiled and fit OK, I programmed an AMD GAL using the "AMD PALCE22V10H-25" definition on the VP-390. It programmed fine and worked as expected on my breadboard.
I then programmed a Lattice GAL22V10 using the "Lattice GAL25V10" definition, again it worked on my breadboard as expected.

I then added additional terms and more complex terms. The Lattice part continued to work as expected.

I however ran into issues with the AMD parts. If I add a NOT (IE: OUTP1 = /INP1 + INP2) it compiles fine however the part doesn't work on the breadboard; the outputs stay high. Removing the NOT fixes the issue. Note that the part verifies OK in the programmer.

I'm wondering if I need to pick a different part in PALASM? This might be an issue with the fitter not providing the right JED data for the AMD part?

Where can I find a list of the PALASM parts that are supported?

-Neil