RE: [N8VEM-S100:3116] Re: GAL's and PALASM

Hi Neil,

Good luck with the VP390.  I’ll be curious to see if you can burn the Atmel AFT22V10 GAL’s and if you have to set the GAL type to National Semiconductor rather than Lattice.

With the changes I described however I have had no problems burning Lattice 22V10’s.

On the software side I’m running into a curious issue.

I would like to use “(“ and “)” brackets  in some of my equations  as PALASM allows that.  However the PALASM4 program always comes up with error X10003

“Please run Minimize (Minimize Boolean)”

However if I set “Y” for “Minimize Boolean” in the Compilation Options,  the compile does not give an error but no .JED file is written.

An example would be:-

mA0       =      (mBE0 + /mBE1 * /mBE2)

                     +  mBE0 * /mBE1 *  mBE2

                     +  mBE0 *  mBE1 *  mBE2