RE: [N8VEM-S100:6426] Discussion About Filter Capacitors

Hi Bob,

That's about the only one I ever heard of... and might be because of it's early age!?
Speaking of rarities...  I once found a 1N914 diode that was marked wrong!  I kept it for a year then tossed it out... silly me.
I'm sure the rarity of it would make that diode worth a whole dollar on the ebay market! LoL

So, what's the deal between 309's and 7805's?  I'm thinking it's a manufacturer part numbering scheme... worth a minute to research in my IC MASTER 1982.

Let's see... makers of the 309 chip are:
Fairchild
Motorola
National
Silicon G
Siliconix

Makers of 7805
Fairchild
Motorola
National
NEC
SGS
Silicon G
TI

I suppose it doesn't mean much, if Fairchild dropped the 309 and replaced it with the 7805... I just wouldn't see the dates...

I'm looking up Digikey, they sell LM309K's  (for $37.20 ouch!) from TI.

I guess the next logical place to check the differences would be in the data sheet... but it's too late at night now to do this... and my curiosity is going.

Cheers,
Josh