Zork load under v2.3 was - Re: [N8VEM-S100:6453] Re: CP/M running, But now what ?

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 6:19:55 PM UTC-7, litterbox99 wrote:
Josh,

I found the Zork 1-3 files, D: was blank, but I found nothing
on the X-modem.  Also I can't get zork to load... I can switch
to the drive, but when I type ZORKx it just loads from the SD and
drops to the prompt.

I happened to be experimenting with a disk image made from the v1.2 ROM/Bios today on my system running a v2.3 ROM/Bios. It was behaving oddly. I remember reading about Zork loading oddly in a thread so I tried Zork and it behaved as described above. Powered down changed jumpers, put the original v1.2 ROM in the board with the SD card as delivered. I ran zork in this configuration fine. Then I re-installed the v2.3 ROM and carefully made a new boot disk from the "FIRMWARE and CPM V-Disk Images AIR-V23.zip" file. Zork did not run. Also LS hung the system consistently as did some other files on A:. Stat ran fine consistently.

Are other folks running v2.3 ROM and bios ok? Perhaps check their A:LS and c:zork3

 - jeffa