RE: [N8VEM-S100:902] two new S-100 Boards

Hi Jack!  Thanks!  Yes, I am planning on releasing the S-100 68K CPU board this summer.  The PCB itself will likely never “finish” trace route optimization due to the inherent complexity of the circuitry.  Eventually the board will be just “good enough” and I will send it to manufacturing.

I will keep the board in trace route optimization so it will continue to grind in the background and if any future tweaks to the board, I will roll in the improved trace routing at that time.  Otherwise we may have to wait forever for this board to complete.

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Monahan
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 6:57 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:902] two new S-100 Boards

We have done an S-100 bus master/slave 68K CPU board a while back Jack. It works fine. Andrew is optimizing the board traces right now for a final production board in a few weeks.  There has been quite a bit of interest in the board.  I have done about twenty S-100 boards to date, that one was the most fun/rewarding so far!  See here for details:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/68000%20Board/68K%20CPU%20Board.htm

John