Re: [N8VEM-S100:901] two new S-100 Boards

Any plans to develop a 68000 interface?
Jack

From: monahanz <mo...@vitasoft.org>
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, July 9, 2012 4:47:25 PM
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:901] two new S-100 Boards

For those interested in S-100 Bus systems and corresponding CPM software, Andrew Lynch & I (John Monahan) have just finished constructing a second prototype of an S-100 Bus video board capable of  SVAG video resolution.  For those interesting in a better S-100 video display you might want to take a look at this board. It is capable of displaying a very crisp 100 characters per line display.  It is based on the LAVA-10 video chip set. This is a Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA module.  Please see here for more details:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Lava-10%20Board/LAVA-10%20Board.htm

We have also completed a prototype 80286 S-100 master/slave S-100 CPU board.  In my system this runs with a clock speed of 12MHz.  It is the next stepping stone from our earlier 8088 and 8086 CPU boards. It works with the 20 or so other S-100 boards we have done and allows one to boot CPM86 or MSDOS (V4.1) with our IDE and ZFDC controller boards.  Please see here for more details:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/80286%20Board/80286%20CPU%20Board.htm

We are now about to have made “production boards” for both these boards. Note, these are bare boards and will be ~$20/board.  These boards are only for hobbyists and though some help can be provided on forums you need to have a working knowledge of these systems to get them to work.