RE: [N8VEM-S100:4280] Re: A windows based program to write a CPM3 image to a CF card for the S100 IDE board

Guys, am I missing something here. Why not put together a normal CPM3 disk layout on a clean/new CF card and just copy from sector 0 all the way in to the last file written on the card.  Save this as one (large) file. That’s the file we then need to somehow get on to copy CF cards.  The MYIDE program will do the copying (could even me modified to pass via serial port to PC).  That way no worry about what is where on disk. With the “landmarks” I mentioned previously any console I/O port can be used.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Thomas Owen
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:37 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:4280] Re: A windows based program to write a CPM3 image to a CF card for the S100 IDE board

Hello David and Dave,

Well, here is where I am in the boot process:

assembled a new loader -> placed on sector 1
assembled new sys -> placed on 128 thru 151
used same CCP from prior DFry system  -> placed on 152 thru 158
directory moved from 63 to 64

using the MasterZ80 Rom, when I boot I see everything up through the sign-on message but then no 'A>'.

looks like everything is fine up to the CCP.COM, but there is no other error reported.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Thomas