Re: S100 enclosure and card cage just completed !

Hi Steven, thanks for your kind and encouraging feedback. Regarding the modushop parts, I followed the great advice from David Fry in this forum, his setup has become the de facto reference for me ! I ordered the slimline 4U sides, case bottom and fully vented top. I faced issues ordering from their web site but I contacted them by email and got a very quick and friendly response. Delivery was also very fast so overall a good purchase experience with them (please note they are based out in Italy, since I am in Paris that's quite convenient).

I did the back panel myself, I will add aluminium angles top and bottom soon to stiffen it and prevent it from bending when I insert the AC cord. I plan to also do the front panel myself to experiment with the LEDs and switches setup - ans also play with my new vertical drill :) - but I will order a finished front panel at some stage. Modushop appears to supply custom panels, I also noticed that Front Panel Express that John suggests has a european-based representative in Germany, so looks quite interesting.

Quck question : what is a the RS232 die tool you mention ? Could not find an appropriate reference anywhere ?

Kind regards,
Philippe