Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:52:35 -0800
From: jeffrey.h...@gmail.com
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:6018] Done lurking; Hello

Hello,

I joined the group a month ago or so. Been lurking a bit. Thought I'd introduce myself. Hi I'm Jeff. Back in the day I ran a BBS on a couple DSDD floppies mostly with CCS (California Computer Systems) and CompuPro stuff in an Imsai or CSS case. Funny... I've never had a CompuPro case until recently. My dad passed away leaving me his Imsai and Altair 8800, incidentally he taught me a bit about IBM 360. I remember some time sharing we did as independent contractors. Yup - touch typing Hollerith card puncher Sure wish he could have seen the internet...

I've been working on getting some of my old gear running again. So far I have a CCS system booting off of SSDD, and a CompuPro booting off of DSDD. Still having trouble reassembling an image from source. I have some MFM drives I need to customize the BIOS for that are not supported in the standard images. Another project would b to find some 8" hard sectored disks to boot an 8800b?

Recently I rebuilt the power supply in the Imsai, you can Review or Discard at Will (RoDaW - my blog) the post here

I bought a 8080A CPU board from Josh which looks pretty weird alone in a 22 slot card cage... Works great. He's sending me a Prototype V2 board Might try interfacing a beaglebone black.-- just for the learning...

I'm a radio amateur KF7CRU.

catch ya later... - jeffa