Re: [N8VEM-S100:5288] TIL311 displays for S100-IDE board

On Sep 29, 2014, at 10:00 PM, Philippe Elie <philip...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ian, i bought a pack of ten TIL311 from  polida2008 in China 3 months ago. Had no problem, all 10 worked fine and looked like new. He still has TIL available, look for ebay auction 360908158257 43.88$ is a good deal I think and shipment is free (at least to France). Hope this helps.
Philippe

That is about the same price I paid for these damaged ones.  I will place an order.

Surprisingly, these ones actually work.  I had to clean the black marker off with isopropyl, but all segments are working (well, I didn't actually test the decimal points, because I couldn't be bothered to figure out the dropping resistor this late at night).  The deep scratches are still quite distracting though.

I now have the IDE board up and running, and I'm able to write to the I/O ports to change the displays.  Now all that's left is the small matter of writing a CP/M BIOS to actually use this board in my NorthStar.  I'm a 6502 guy (and a bad one at that) so I'm not looking forward to teaching myself Z80 and how to build a BIOS at the same time :)  Oh, and I suppose I should just jump right in and upgrade from CP/M 2.2 to CP/M 3 while I'm at it...

Ian