Re: [N8VEM-S100:5128] JAIR 8080 Board- It's alive!

Hi Josh,
  Thanks for answering my questions as I know you are busy getting ready for VCF-MW (along with everyday responsibilities).  I am currently using the 8080 board in my test bench setup which consists of an N8VEM S-100 backplane, and an IMSAI front panel.  The mask and plexiglass were damaged so I removed them and am using the front panel bare until I restore the machine it is going in.  I hope to take some photos tomorrow as you had said a few weeks ago that pictures would be nice.
  I wound up using a 2GB Transcend Digital card formatted as FAT16.  Thank you for describing the boot process in detail.  I may try loading a CP/M image from another source like an emulator since the boot ROM will not load the bios off the disk.  One question I can think of is that most the the emulators I have seen use the .DSK format for images while you are using .BIN images.  Do you know what the differences are between the 2 formats?
  Thanks for providing some syntax for the XMODEM & RAM test commands.  I now realize that I should have looked more closely at your monitor listing as it was all described there.  I will try to use the XMODEM command to transfer some files and see how I make out.  BTW, I do like how you make use of the front panel output port LED's to act at a progress indicator. Now I can also use the RAM test to test some external boards I have by disabling blocks of onboard memory and addressing the external boards in that address space.. Great! Thanks for all your help!
Regards,
Jeff