Re: MSDOS Support V2 PCB RTC problem.

Very possible that I damaged the tuning forks, as I wasn't aware how fragile they are.

As a follow up to my experiences, I purchased a DS12887+ from seller ergah on Ebay for $4.25 + $1.93 shipping.  It arrived after I had the problem corrected, but I thought I'd try it anyway.

The date code was 1419F (?19 week of 2014).  It plugs in directly to the DS12285 socket with no changes (the xtal and battery pins are N/C on the DS12887+).

It arrives with 00H programmed into register "A" , but writing an AAH to register 0AH using Z-RTC.COM (thanks Frank for pointing this out earlier!) started it up.

With the DS12885+ selling for $7.31 (Mouser), this is actually a bit less expensive, and the battery should be good for 10 years.

Just another solution if anyone else encounters the same problems I did.

- Gary