Re: [N8VEM-S100:4702] Re: MSDOS Support V2 PCB RTC problem.

On 7/25/2014 6:46 AM, geka...@gmail.com wrote:

Unfortunately I have no idea of the specs for the xtal that ultimately
worked.

I didn't pay much attention to the specs when selecting at 32.768
crystal - and hadn't seen the application note that Frank referenced
 (very helpful).

If anyone has used a specific part that worked it would be helpful to
 post a part number for the group.

Tuning fork (aka diving board) crystals are *extremely* fragile. If you
drop it, you will break it internally.

You can guess what the internal structure of the device looks like from
the description...

Be wary of packaging and store it in the packing material until you put
it on the circuit board. If you get them in a baggie - they're probably
already broken.

Usually the wrong load capacitance will just alter the frequency a tiny
bit so I'm suspicious there is something else happening here.

Rob.