Re: [N8VEM-S100:948] An 80386 S-100 Board.

On 7/14/2012 7:50 PM, mike wrote:

I don't think I have seen anybody mention it yet, but has the i80386EX
been considered? It has a built-in DRAM controller.

I see there's a few up on ebay right now for a reasonable price.

They are SMD however so there's that issue.

It was designed for embedded systems so it hassome peripherals on-chip
including an AT style bus interface which I would think would tend to
help simplify the interface with S100 bus.

Anyway, an option I guess.

I'll see if the datasheet attachment works, if not, it should be not
hard to find.

- --Mike

The problem with the 80386EX is it is specifically designed so that
you can't run vanilla DOS on it.  The internal peripherals are all
intentionally incompatible.

Rob.