RE: [N8VEM-S100:2416] MSX2 Utility Board V1 Build info

Thanks Neil!  That’s great!  Yes, the MSX2 is a very strange design.  Many things about it are odd.  I had not seen anything like it.  The memory mapper is the strangest I think.

I am not sure if the printer port is like an IBM PC printer port or not.  The circuitry looks somewhat familiar but I do not know more than that.

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of nbreeden
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 12:48 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:2416] MSX2 Utility Board V1 Build info

I'm continuing to push forward with the shake out of the board.

  * The SR flip flop isn't working as expected when I strip my system down to just the CPU and Utility card. I've had to bump this up to 0.1uF (from I believe 470pF) to get a reliable poser on reset.

  * The Y2 (printer ports) looks to be working as expected. It took a while to figure it out as it's a strange design.

I've been running the board constantly for several days in a basic UART test loop.

  * It's ran very solid.

  * The warmest the 7805s have gotten is 112F, this is with no forced air flow.

-Neil