Re: Show and Tell - New user S100 system up & running (well sorta !)

Hi Philippe,

Good to hear that you got your case parts sorted out.

To answer you question regarding power supplies, I wouldn't bother getting a second 15v power supply to generate the -15v rail unless you plan to use some vintage S-100 cards, I think some early memory board used it ???
When I put my system together I just worked from the standard S-100 linear power supply specs shown in a picture on the S100 Computers site (I think), although it's wired up in my system none of my cards draw any current from it. In fact I can't think of a S100 computers card that used the 15V rail either but I'll leave it in my system as I have an idea for a S100 card that may use it.

You are correct in your assumption of wiring up the power supplies, each power supplies output is fully isolated so you are free to connect either the negative or positive terminal to chassis ground as required to generate negative or positive outputs with resect to ground, the outer metal casework of the power supply will be connected to the mains earth connection.

If you message me off board I'll send you a sketch of my setup

regards

David Fry