Re: [N8VEM-S100:4164] Multiple Rom Monitors and a conflict

Hi Thomas,

I've just picked up your post,
I think you are onto the issue already but I'll explain how my setup is done.

the Z80 monitor is a 8K chip arranged in two pages (4k each) that reside at address F000H to FFFFH (as per S100 Z80 Master CPU documentation)
the MYIDE rom is still an 8K chip and should logically be placed on an 8k boundry to avoid overlap with the existing monitor, but what I did on my
S100 computers RAM/ROM board was to arrange for the ROM base address to be E0000H, place the code in the lower 4K section of the chip, and used the phantom line to mask off the upper 4K. This allowed me to free up a little more freespace ram.

If you dont have this facility on your board then you will need to set the ORG statement in the MYIDEROM code and recompile it to run in a different location in memory.

regards

David Fry