RE: [N8VEM-S100:4168] Multiple Rom Monitors and a conflict

OK Thomas, more info helps!

First I'm assuming then you are not using the N8VEM/S100Comnputers Z80 board.  Right?
If not, be sure the Upper / Lower page selection code in the monitor is set for either the XMODEM or ZFDC code (ROM_HIGH_PAGE  equate) since your board will not be able to flip the ROM pages.
Probably best to start with ROM_HIGH_PAGE = TRUE that way you can use XMODEM to download versions of the MYIDEROM into various locations of RAM for debugging.
If you get a functional Monitor running you can then download another version of that Monitor (reassembled of course) anywhere in RAM and do the same for the IDE code.  This way you are not burning ROMS until you figure everything out.

I assume you have the ORG for the IDE code set to E000H, right?

The monitor (near the start, at AHEAD: & MEMSZ1)  figures out the top of RAM that is available to it.  If you have the other ROM at E000H at the same time it will continue to probe lower (assuming no RAM between the two ROMS), so I don't think that's your problem.     To be on the safe side and to test  try forcing the stack at C000H.
LD	HL, 0C000H
LD	SP,HL

As a general principal you should approach a problem like this by outputting a character to the screen at the start of each ROM, that tells you a lot, then move it within the code.  If you have a front panel or our SMB of course you can set hardware breakpoints, single step etc.  Sorry don't know your setup.

You can always fall back on a ROM filled with 76H's (HALT) to check your board addressing BTW,

John