[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:565] S-100 68K CPU board status
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:565] S-100 68K CPU board status
- From: John Coffman <john...@gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:43:34 -0800
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of john...@gmail.com designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=john...@gmail.com; dkim=pass (test mode) head...@gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=7rMidDK0mc+tWW/pNvlu2rtO60FClTHAUIodiDCv7gg=; b=UaLoOT8pLnFdQRDCHfF8CPeJeh+bf14eFFDoeaOV09/UUj0Bf/hWw8cE4DtWWpRVhU K0vHkxU+82CNeltcW4zmYmGKXEnvbnk2T9V7jM/os75dEz6E/BXZ6t+95we/kdJ32R+7 OVG2BgwF14XxPAtjaa4guNX/rZj2PdUjxY7Og=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <002f01ccc183$7bb7ee70$7327cb50$@YAHOO.COM> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EF4DE99.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: John Coffman <john...@gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111108 Fedora/3.1.16-1.fc14 Thunderbird/3.1.16
Start at http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/
Under the tab "Pages & Files", folders to traverse are:
1 Board Information
2 ECB Processor Boards
3 ECB Baby 68000
direct link board description:
4 BIOS ROM images
direct link BIOS docs:
Bios 8 is the latest posted.
On 12/23/2011 02:10 PM, John Monahan wrote:
John could you direct me to the most relevant URL for the ECB baby M86K
John Monahan Ph.D
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of John Coffman
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2011 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:564] S-100 68K CPU board status
The ECB baby M68k approach has been to write a BIOS that can load from CF
card. The next round of the BIOS will have Floppy support (1.2Mb, 720Kb,
I haven't tackled CP/M-68 yet; but I don't see it as very difficult to
support above the BIOS level.
Ultimately I'd like to see real CP/M diskettes supported: 128 bytes/sector
On 12/23/2011 09:38 AM, John Monahan wrote:
Hi Guy's, While waiting for a few components to arrive for the S-100
VGA prototype board (very slow here this time of the year, very
frustrating), I have been browsing the web looking for the easiest way
in software to get CPM68K running with our 68K board, ZFDC board etc.
Has anybody done this in the classical way, i.e. write a BIOS is
assembler link it in with DR's code, place it on a 8" disk and get
going from there. Most of what I see is in C code and/or requires a
CPM68K OS already running to get going.
John Monahan Ph.D
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Andrew Lynch
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2011 7:00 AM
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:562] S-100 68K CPU board status
Hi Mike! We made some changes to the third prototype to add the TMI
circuitry and remove some of the redundant debugging hardware. You'll
notice the board is using the DIP-64 version of the CPU so it is back
to closer to your MMU design.
The PCB is taking forever to clean up the trace routing although
recently it is showing signs of improvement. Slowly though...
Please keep up with the MMU design because there is going to be an
S-100 68K CPU board eventually!
Thanks and have a nice day!
PS. Sorry I've been slacking on the 68K work, guys, I've been just up
to my neck, it's getting closer to the front burner however.