[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:563] S-100 68K CPU board status
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:563] S-100 68K CPU board status
- From: John Coffman <john...@gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:03:37 -0800
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of john...@gmail.com designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=john...@gmail.com; dkim=pass (test mode) head...@gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ag5GzgA3EfR4SkFB5Izc7/kwNtSboB5D2ecDNgRSj9Y=; b=R3o5WVRCk70slhstsN5tvNH46XcVEKop9SL5oQrQGr//++Q8qRbafM+8ZdUGGS9SUi Ea9dQn7fbCxCK+WlADgAVkd72fvc8fHXGN330m79XiJo+NeKEJ7CmPi/EO6Xbb04ApDc C5u0hPpcbvyZZ44Cc/jiVy5nZX5jeXkaVQYCs=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <002f01ccc183$7bb7ee70$7327cb50$@YAHOO.COM> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: John Coffman <john...@gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20111108 Fedora/3.1.16-1.fc14 Thunderbird/3.1.16
The ECB baby M68k approach has been to write a BIOS that can load from
CF card. The next round of the BIOS will have Floppy support (1.2Mb,
I haven't tackled CP/M-68 yet; but I don't see it as very difficult to
support above the BIOS level.
Ultimately I'd like to see real CP/M diskettes supported: 128
bytes/sector FM mode.
On 12/23/2011 09:38 AM, John Monahan wrote:
Hi Guy's, While waiting for a few components to arrive for the S-100 VGA
prototype board (very slow here this time of the year, very frustrating), I
have been browsing the web looking for the easiest way in software to get
CPM68K running with our 68K board, ZFDC board etc. Has anybody done this in
the classical way, i.e. write a BIOS is assembler link it in with DR's code,
place it on a 8" disk and get going from there. Most of what I see is in C
code and/or requires a CPM68K OS already running to get going.
John Monahan Ph.D
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Andrew Lynch
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2011 7:00 AM
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:562] S-100 68K CPU board status
Hi Mike! We made some changes to the third prototype to add the TMI
circuitry and remove some of the redundant debugging hardware. You'll
notice the board is using the DIP-64 version of the CPU so it is back to
closer to your MMU design.
The PCB is taking forever to clean up the trace routing although recently it
is showing signs of improvement. Slowly though...
Please keep up with the MMU design because there is going to be an S-100 68K
CPU board eventually!
Thanks and have a nice day!
PS. Sorry I've been slacking on the 68K work, guys, I've been just up to my
neck, it's getting closer to the front burner however.