RE: [N8VEM-S100:5416] ZFDC Write Protect Issues

Guys there are simply numerous possibilities here. Rather than shoot in the
dark you need to take advantage of the fact that the ZFDCB board has a
Z80/RAM/ROM on board with its own complete monitor.   It's essentially a
SBC.  So what you need to do is drop "bread crumbs" along the code process
as you progress. You can use one of the HEX displays to output a number as
you go along.  If you are into programming,  you can even send back detailed
messages to the "main" S100 system.    Try and locate where the problem
lies.
Rest assured the board layout is fine. I have been using it for over 2 years
now in all  kinds of situations. The interface to the S100 bus is dead
simple and totally independent of CPU speed or type.  It's just status bit
driven - not DMA driven, not Wait state regulated, or with Z80 I/O block
input  requirements.

I suspect the problem is in the pin/cable connection to the drives, but
that's a guess.
Did you get the data separator setting setup correctly.

John