From: "yoda" <yo...@r2d2.org>
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 4:33:43 PM
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:6788] Re: Reorder of S-100 8-slot Backplane PCB

I believe the Imsai and others were full width of the s100 cards or darn close.  This mother board is much narrower and the card "overhang" the motherboard so the mounting holes would be outside the width of this motherboard for those chassis

You should look at the photos on s100computer.com.  The board is about an inch wider on each side of the connector.  My guess is because it is much cheaper to manufacturer as the cost is based on the number of square inches whether ther are traces there or not