Re: Help with S-100 VDP board VGA output

Hi Andrew,

The V9938 CSYNC and HSYNC are Tri-Level I/O - not tri-state
On the CRO the minimum for the pusle train is about 3V and the max is 5V.
Verticle scale is 2V/div, top trace 0Vdc is centre, bottom trace 0Vdc is first division up.
Also HSYNC is a positive pulse train that is not present during the blanking period.

The horizonal sync pulses on the CSYNC and HSYNC waveforms are slightly displaced from each other. ie the HSYNC positive pulse starts at the trailing edge of the CSYNC pulse. So a simple XNOR won't work.
The data sheet shows a negative HSYNC mode on page 131 that continues through the blacking period, but I can't see how to get into this mode - it may be with the S0, S1 which change the transparency of the video.(S0 and S1 are 0 in the test program)

Regards
Leon Byles