[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [N8VEM-S100:5807] Re: NKK Switches for Mini FP
- To: <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:5807] Re: NKK Switches for Mini FP
- From: "lcyoung" <lcy...@bellsouth.net>
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:23:24 -0500
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=none (google.com: lcy...@bellsouth.net does not designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=lcy...@bellsouth.net; dkim=pass head...@bellsouth.net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=bellsouth.net; s=s2048; t=1418221397; bh=Msm+y2tvOa3xoYHIXVBZGvtx7s7F2Y73V4e2D1xo23E=; h=From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=raoj+nsZ+YYplQDlRIXG81mZ1w8sZvBg7RXj2AotwSm9lcWREoariO1CcHtlpNllGbRZuq87IeTGyy1yJTu+J8NXwYQQBfAaMY0J239QIT1f9w2M3Ea3oyYgxKhvCQAm9ocp92APgmfc8IvsPmzIbdrVgSLtCqfAr5Bgh01u/xX+ksn8r0pTUbmNOCEWwriHMZ/iMfxiPSPaNyYEGzCe/1crbubKn6gNNl8s1OcNTcxEESg7VLcQ7LD2QurG6HMQqD21O6jcYovabHrA7jIn0s4KGQp5rqfXMNMV5omndPuFrAneHd+Ty4BHwdrq72z8eTB5BwtH7ayeltNBtobF6g==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=bellsouth.net; b=AsBmu5v9IwBYjWKzT5NYnx7DKG7o5GpD6CZoAnjzJ08XHgKzyqbDv9CueebApo8Ri7esv6rDGeuyuhIXojA1yZwY8LFq/kXOEankq1SvoGcaQHs8o+oMzFQUNkUMkdV1LQFcsn6ZYWfyCNjGL/vrLYPPLi57lOTEcwEBRsxr+cO8Dh6juMFajnHQ8vuDQ+YhhCTqPdUrABrWjfKDcPuWi+fc6Rceuc0EJVYYEFZoaFZ/IHklBDFiLQh1PWYbjOydj6V5gCIIv80HdVg6LW40adTESrMPehjN5KWpYzbGxcNtkeN/9ZE/h2vTh7XtMFhXhjNHD8Uy0gZQCAvMDPFFpw==;
- In-reply-to: <54879A95.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAPan+1TDuySm6tmZGg5Qqu40MC4nAC9Nr19CEsfDGyJyO1=-Yw@mail.gmail.com> <COL131-W154C4C4326C183D963D32DC8650@phx.gbl> <54879A95.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AdAUFF0+SP+HaYB2SlaswVGl9iZw/gAb/lHg
Wow, an Imsai-style acrylic front panel would certainly be a wonderful thing.
I would be good for two of those. Would a company such as Front Panel Express
be a possibility for productiion of such a thing? I think they work with most media.
Thanks for your hard work with the switch/parts project, Don.
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Galinat
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:5807] Re: NKK Switches for Mini FP
Hi Don (& All)
I too would be interested in a permanent mounting solution for the switches. I do like Matt Turner's idea of using silk-screened PCB material for the front panel drilled for the LEDs & switch mounting.
Holes in the corners could then me used to attach the PCB front panel to brackets for stability. This would still leave a option on putting a IMSAI style mask behind acrylic if you wanted to go that route or you could leave it "as-is" for a more bare bones appearance. Do you think this is viable?
On 12/9/2014 5:14 PM, Matthew Turner wrote:
> If we go to a pcb house, it seems to me that including the LED's in
> the design would make sense. Maybe different coloured board, no traces
> and the labels silkscreened on? I would go for 2 of these if they
> could serve as a cover for the front panel. How would that fit with
> existing chasis designs?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "N8VEM-S100" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to n8vem-s100+...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.