Re: [N8VEM-S100:4639] 8080 CPU - Heat is ON - Wet Finger Test

Looks like the price of the L4940 has gone up... its now ~$1.57 at 10 each from Avnet...

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Tom Lafleur <laf...@lafleur.us> wrote:
I have been using ST-Micro L4940 LDO (.7v drop) 1.5A, TO220 voltage regulators on my board... Much better that the 7805, runs cooler that the 7805's and at Avnet Express, its a bit under $1 each...

I have also found that Avnet Express is alway cheaper that Mouser, Jamco or Digikey for most parts....