Re: [N8VEM-S100:3117] Re: GAL's and PALASM

If assistance or testing with GAL reading or programming is needed, I have an Advin Pilot MVP programmer, which has very broad support.

I'd be happy to test programming or reading anything.

- Alex

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM, John Monahan <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:

I too have a TOP3000 programmer. A total waste of money!

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of nbreeden
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:58 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:3116] Re: GAL's and PALASM

I've started down the road to learn more about GALs, FPGAs etc. John's post has pushed me ahead on the project. I use a GQ-4X programmer for all my EPROM and FLASH needs; there isn't any GAL support however.

I ordered a Wellon VP-390 from a company here in the US, I should have it Monday. According to what I've read the VP-390 supports the same devices as the VP-290 John mentioned plus something like 11000 more (it supports > than 19400 devices). I'll post an update on it once I have some time with it.

Sometime ago I bought a 'TOP3000' programmer as it was supposed to support GALs. I never got this programmer to work, I downloaded the latest software only to discover the firmware in it is too old to support the latest software. I did more research on it; I didn't find a single positive review for the TOPWIN line of programmers.

-Neil