RE: [N8VEM-S100:5950] Bank Select Logic

Thanks for your thoughts, Roger.  I’ll have to do some thinking on your ideas and see how this chip might be used in the ideas I am formulating.

BTW – the LS670 has Tri-State outputs, so no need to be concerned with pull-ups using this one.

Another question on this topic for those who have already implemented banked CPM3:

The 32K/32K and 48K/16K split has been mentioned several times.  Obviously I would think the 48K/16K split would be best from the standpoint of the largest TPA.

But does this put any serious restrictions on the OS?

And is there any practicality to splitting it to say, 44K/20K if there are serious restrictions and more room is needed for the OS in the common area?

Or are odd-ball splits (i.e. not on major memory boundaries) not possible?

Bob Bell