[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [N8VEM: 8655] Re: S-100 Motherboard
- To: <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: RE: [N8VEM: 8655] Re: S-100 Motherboard
- From: "Andrew Lynch" <lyn...@yahoo.com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 10:47:18 -0500
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of lyn...@yahoo.com designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=lyn...@yahoo.com; dkim=pass (test mode) head...@yahoo.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1298216841; bh=Nm3KAqPKGxzozEdmx8P8NXZmgmFTBz6kzSNKwMdRRXo=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-reply-to:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index; b=PgPLa7pEwnX0B5cgd8dJl6WejxhgTa353kWurINhlG5sAEHxLfS3lJbm/5IJfoqblO/+WLj84TP55jGN1S5OVpaK+2nAkUOQVrUClg9LusSonwdat23NBIAwzy3jrRPfz8kL/7oy9NgEWJ0SIJ1Q5ptafCeew0bdw320KoWmdNU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-reply-to:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index; b=kLrv8JM/lFMTWOI9/EPHJiXOdl7Q1pqQu4hBHQVeB4sY0e/3dhzHsWIueZV135+kw+3hYsXyvYbZ8ykI3aRPQeE71WQD8p4D1zQ/E8UtgABcVMbC0cB47Qe+qUWMIIg0skhJBGySY4cADADiTnTFr7dEsX6fz7pSV0v3jNK7z20= ;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <B6D8BE7CA3864DD886DF16AF53A91CC8@andrewdesktop> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <1E7C3DCB18064341B51D992C34B38566@andrewdesktop> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AcvQh0XGKwAOVYw+St6n6TZc5xYGkwAjEB7g
> -----Original Message-----
> From: n8...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
> Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 5:49 PM
> To: N8VEM
> Subject: [N8VEM: 8655] Re: S-100 Motherboard
> Andrew & the group:
> Some more testing today yielded some progress. I have now installed
> floppy controller and the hard disk interface board on the
> motherboard. Neither is connected to drives.
> Good news is that the system still resets on power up and the basic
> monitor functions work.
> Next step will be to try booting CP/M after connecting the drives -
> very big step.
> I did run into a couple of issues today:
> a. First, the pin numbering on P2, P3, P4, & P5 on the motherboard is
> wrong as long as you think the square lands are pin 1 for each of
> these headers. If you assume the square lands are pin 2 then all is
Hi Rich! Thanks! Yes, the pin 1 errors were fixed on the updated S-100
backplane revision. This was an error on the original board and sorry for
the hassle. With each revision the boards are getting better!
> b. At first I could not get an external /PRESET to work. To make a
> long story short - the circuit was fine - I had a switch set wrong on
> the CPU-Z. The fascinating thing is that I don't think I changed it
> purpose so that may explain some problems with my old system. It is
> working fine and testing also reveled that all I really need is a
> switch that will ground bus pin 75 to do a reset. No active circuitry
> is needed.
Thanks! That's great news!
> Next steps are the toughest ones though.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "N8VEM" group.
> To post to this group, send email to n8...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> For more options, visit this group at
Wow! I am looking forward to seeing your progress! Please keep us posted!
Thanks and have a nice day!