[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [N8VEM: 8644] S-100 Motherboard
- To: <n8...@googlegroups.com>, <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: RE: [N8VEM: 8644] S-100 Motherboard
- From: "Andrew Lynch" <lyn...@yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:56:42 -0500
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of lyn...@yahoo.com designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=lyn...@yahoo.com; dkim=pass (test mode) head...@yahoo.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1297731411; bh=aUGC9ZL2ZPC9RfvLRYKgGe0A4/2gXEI7hDUSUd7yQGo=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE; b=KIngBIxCkSi5umC8sFtnl/o0Orj4yQCYeQwu6VzDk3yaql9FGu9jyEG4Iet3oqT17ScwexpftOL5/KJmWX3WLxNc3vG0LNM2744aJYZbNZFYKbZ3pifHoh9lT1abnJbCfQAd7BQwmxs4h0y+j+ZnHZn0C+gmzWZrBtgAIzGyd+k=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE; b=pzYHYpTT3XvU72Y+xBINl1XjiwZjVTLsmiDoxI3kyyJYeWp+5Il61CYgyjiEJANhe0AOAxSf7+6u+qkhZRhT5TqDR54pG9+CjMu4so3ctoLSjXbn1/E4gzgnwX7JF+7C82x54lp5Upij/zoRCgE/gVyXBwfvAYGp4HWs/1AJB5s= ;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AcvLzekes63sT448QZKGRVIuAm/m9AA3HW5Q
Hi Rich! Thanks! That's fantastic! Please keep us posted on your
Would you mind please posting some photos and details of your build on the
I get quite a few questions on the N8VEM S-100 backplane and other builders
will benefit from your experiences. Did you notice Don made a parts list
for the board and also some frequently asked questions?
Thanks and have a nice day!
> -----Original Message-----
> From: n8...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
> Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:33 PM
> To: N8VEM
> Subject: [N8VEM: 8644] S-100 Motherboard
> I finished (finally) assembly of my N8VEM S-100 motherboard. Testing
> so far has been limited to connecting my 8 v PS (a Meanwell 7.5 v
> adjustable switcher) and verifying and adjusting the active terminator
> 2.6 v circuitry.
> Next step will be connecting the two 15 v supplies - also Meanwell
> Compared to my old homebrew S-100 system the three switching power
> supplies must weigh less than the filter caps to say nothing of the
> multi-pound transformer.
> Once the supplies are all connected and tested I will wire up a reset
> switch and attempt to bring up a monitor-only Z80 CPU + RAM +
> Interfacer IV I/O system. Once that is working I'll do same thing with
> my 6502 S-100 CPU.
> Then I'll try to add my existing S-100 floppy controller with a floppy
> only system.
> Once that is working I'll add the hard disk controller.
> If all goes well my long term intent is to trash the old power supply
> and motherboard (some bad connectors) and put the N8VEM motherboard
> and the switchers in the existing case and card cage.
> All this will take a lot of time so progress reports will be slow.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "N8VEM" group.
> To post to this group, send email to n8...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> For more options, visit this group at