RE: [N8VEM-S100:2142] Happy New Year to all

The Z80 board should not be a problem - very reliable board!
John

John Monahan (mon...@vitasoft.org)

On Jan 2, 2014 11:59 PM, "Fabio Battaglia" <hkzl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jan 3, 2014 3:29 AM, "John Monahan" <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:

> However I’m not recommending most users start with an 80486 board. It’s going to be complex, best to start with the 8088.  That board is now very reliable and fine-tuned.

I was actually thinking of starting with the Z80 board, as I'm gaining some confidence with the CPU using the ECB SBC (and I have a surplus of 4mhz parts at home). Words of warning or advices on that one?

The idea is getting the PCBs and slowly build them over the course of this (and maybe next) year. Without hurry. Right now I'm still trying to identify the best course of action to take with the power supply for my S100 backplane...

Thanks!
Fabio