Re: S-100 existing board pre-order requests

Hi Andrew,

Following on from your email suggestion on 6/12/2013 to post a re-run request  for the ‘S-100 Propeller Driven Console I/O board’ it would seem that there doesn’t seem to be much demand for this board at this time, It has occurred to me that as this board has had a couple of re-runs already  many of the S-100 builders out there already own this board, so achieving sufficient demand (20 units) for a further re-run may prove very difficult.

Would you be open to the idea of running smaller batches (5 units) on boards that have had several re-runs in order that new builders can benefit from the hard work you and John have put into these boards.

I realise that smaller batches would mean higher PCB unit cost but when I consider the number of hours I will need to spend putting a Console I/O onto a prototype board then it becomes far more attractive to pay $50 on a pcb to save time.

Another PCB I would also like to see re-run is the S-100 ZFDC floppy disk controller, again it would seem from forum posts that this board has had 2 full production runs of 20 units.

I would welcome feedback on this posting from other  S-100 builders out there as to what the general consensus is on smaller batches/higher cost for the lower demand PCB’s,  of course the final decision is yours but it would help out and encourage the newbies J

I would like to extend my best wishes to you and John for the New Year, it looks like there are some exciting new boards on the horizon

Regards

David Fry