CP/M-68 on the ECB mini-M68k CPU board

Motorola 68000 enthusiasts:

CP/M-68 is working well on the ECB mini-M68k CPU board, supported by the MF/PIC board for serial I/O and IDE interface (8255). The attached screen shows:

    F:  the ROMdisk, with just a couple of utilities
B: the RAMdisk, 1Mb. I'm glad I put 2Mb of SRAM on the CPU board. Half is for CP/M, and the other half is its RAMdisk. C: an 8Mb CP/M partition on a CF card. The photo shows a different, smaller CF card.

This CP/M supports up to 16 drives -- as soon as I hook the disk initialization to the CF card partition table.

Although this is CP/M 1.2, the binary utilities are from an extensive collection from Douglas. The release notes indicate that 1.3 was mostly bug fixes to utility programs.

The boot process still needs streamlining, and a utility for setting up the partitions on IDE disks (i.e., CF cards) needs to be written.

What is running now really has the feel of CP/M.

--John