[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:670] CP/M-68 on the ECB mini-M68k CPU board
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:670] CP/M-68 on the ECB mini-M68k CPU board
- From: Jack Rubin <jack....@ameritech.net>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:18:27 -0800 (PST)
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 220.127.116.11 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of jack....@ameritech.net) smtp.mail=jack....@ameritech.net; dkim=pass (test mode) head...@ameritech.net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ameritech.net; s=s1024; t=1326820707; bh=SGp1vHswVYBps7lpbEOE4pAJBRdQNDIoA+eZzzaFX2I=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=LBM9M2pxdAcJipLav0g5hpmqX4hEPRTEiFdXr4+QVRiMbHBWc4bSnq07b8q5TKowAkQ2WZjlAi2W14e5bRq4mk/XyYWGrqt8AZZiq4qNu63YOEYm9LoiraO+3aDs3bxmE2R7TSNmwTy29t6Cw/2IUN4KFOhaQNhjLDoMjyFAe4Q=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=ameritech.net; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=R3vOLl6oZhwfAPWPB7CKbCqk5yvnsisrmx3fDGX2MYeJ2ui02xSjlI7ef7vi69cCqPzaw1AyG8tAErx8jYEZmtHlFFRpF99c2fn1okxuAjWgmxHk6EBTsNxiClas00K6FaB8X15A3TBFshsyJG2SZxbL8njocbyMS2MJ4EUWMVk=;
- In-reply-to: <4F15A41A.email@example.com>
- References: <4F15A41A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
John (and other 68K fans),
I've located a bunch of old CP/M-68K stuff recently, including CP/M-68K v 1.3,
FORTH and 68K tiny BASIC. Is there a central listing of the software you already
have? Almost everything is on 8" disk which I should be able to read but I don't
have a system set up currently.
Hopefully, moving to the S100 68K board should be pretty easy from here.
----- Original Message ----
> From: John Coffman <john...@gmail.com>
> To: N8VEM <n8...@googlegroups.com>; n8vem...@googlegroups.com
> Sent: Tue, January 17, 2012 10:38:50 AM
> Subject: [N8VEM-S100:670] CP/M-68 on the ECB mini-M68k CPU board
> Motorola 68000 enthusiasts:
> CP/M-68 is working well on the ECB mini-M68k CPU board, supported by the
>MF/PIC board for serial I/O and IDE interface (8255). The attached screen
> F: the ROMdisk, with just a couple of utilities
> B: the RAMdisk, 1Mb. I'm glad I put 2Mb of SRAM on the CPU board. Half
>is for CP/M, and the other half is its RAMdisk.
> C: an 8Mb CP/M partition on a CF card. The photo shows a different,
>smaller CF card.
> This CP/M supports up to 16 drives -- as soon as I hook the disk
>initialization to the CF card partition table.
> Although this is CP/M 1.2, the binary utilities are from an extensive
>collection from Douglas. The release notes indicate that 1.3 was mostly bug
>fixes to utility programs.
> The boot process still needs streamlining, and a utility for setting up the
>partitions on IDE disks (i.e., CF cards) needs to be written.
> What is running now really has the feel of CP/M.