Re: [N8VEM-S100:88] Re: S-100 Motherboard

Rich --

If you've had 5.25" HD drives in your system already (as back-up), you are already there.

Has anyone defined a standard configuration for the 1.2 MB diskette in

terms of format, number of system track, sector size etc.?

I'm laughing here.  These drives worked so well in the Cromemco that I just tell the formatting program that they are 8" DSDD.  Doesn't know the difference.  Everything works that way.  No new format needed.  It may be wasteful of space on the diskettes, but it sure is easy!!  The only thing I've had to twiddle with is the READY signal on the FDC.

Roger