Re: S-100 VDP prototype board PCBs are here

Hi,
The FMS6141 is optional but provides improved video amplification if
installed.  The transistor amplifier will also work and probably just
as well.  All the N8 builders AFAIK used the transistor and it worked
fine.

I am not sure the status of the 1.2V Zener diode but the BT478
datasheet was pretty specific about the part number.  They did say the
part could be substituted with equivalent components (page 4-33) but
finding any 1.2V Zener diode may be a trick.

We used a similar circuit on the uPD7220 video board so maybe this
will be helpful

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=ECB%20uPD7220%20GDC

NS LM385BZ-1.2 is a part number but the package seems to be a
mismatch.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

PS, we could ask John Coffman if he recalls what we did on the uPD7220
board.