Re: [N8VEM-S100:368] What DIP sockets to use in building boards

Connectors are generally the most failure prone components
in electronics.

The most reliable way to mount ICs is to solder them in.

I know people in this group are constantly playing musical
chairs with their ICs, between 74LS, ALS, 74F, HCT, etc. trying
things out.  So sockets are still called for.

But don't skimp on socket quality.  It is a false economy.

Bill