Re: [N8VEM-S100:363] What DIP sockets to use in building boards

There are those who claim that only gold-plated machined pin sockets will do,
but a more realistic approach might include the high-quality double-wipe sockets
available from Phoenix Enterprises - http://www.phoenixent.com/ - minimum order
is $50 dollars but that's not to hard to reach if you're trying to keep up with
the N8VEM circuit board output! (Plus they have tools, etc.) They'll also sell
you machined-pin sockets if you wish - you'll reach the order minimum in about
1/3 the time!

Jack