Re: [N8VEM-S100:1134] S-100 SMB and S-100 bus extender PCBs status

On 10/8/2012 9:21 AM, John Monahan wrote:
One thing I have yet to add to the web page for this board -- the 5V
regulator runs a little hot on that board (due to the hex displays).
Unfortunately the regulator is a bit too far to the left on the board.
You need to drill a hole off center on the heat sink to use a large one.

For a little more money you can replace the linear regulator with a
switching regulator.   I've used the Texas Instruments PT78HT205H
module (5V/2A) several times.  There is a 5V/1A variant also.
It fits a standard linear regulator foot print, mostly.

It is available from both Digikey and Mouser.

Go green?

Bob.