Re: [N8VEM-S100:5142] S-100 Named

PS:  I just looked at the ANSI "version" of IEE-696 and (for your editifcation :->) it's marked like this:

     Approved June l0,1982

     IEEE Standards Board

     Approved September 8,1983

     American National Standards Institute

I can explain why the ANSI date follows the IEEE publication date by a few months, but I can't explain why the IEEE "approval date" appears to be a year early.  I suspect a typo on the ANSI cover page ...

Also, FWIW, the ANSI standard includes the following information in the preface:

-----
This standard was prepared by the 696 Working Group of the Microprocessor Standards Committee of the IEEE Computer Society. At the time this standard was approved the membership of the working group was as follows:

Mark Garetz,  Chairman
Bob Davis
Kells Elmquist
Tim Erickson