S-100 8-slot Backplane Version 2 Questions

Sorry if this is already posted , but I searched and could not find anything:

1.  I have started building this board as the basis for a second S-100 system to be used mainly for testing and development work on new S-100 hardware.  This will keep my original S-100 machine up and running for other things.  The question: as I was rounding up the components, I discovered that some don't go the whole way through this overly thick board.  For example, the 8-pin IC socket (a high-quality AMP duel-wipe socket - the only ones I use) and the 2 & 3-pin jumpers.  So if they don't stick out the back side, and its not possible to solder to component side pads, how does one solder them?

2.  Has anyone made a substitution for R6 and R7, listed as 910R.  That's one value I can't find in my junk box, and Jameco won't sell less than 100 of this value at a time.  1000R is within 10% and I hope it would work.  Anyone try?

3.  Why do the fuses only protect the power indicator LEDs?  I checked this carefully to be sure the schematic was not wrong, but tracing the runs on the board shows that the power comes in on P1, +8V on pin 1, and directly to the buss, pin 1.

4.  The values for the current-limiting resistors in series with each of the LEDs seems to me to be very high.  For example, R16 is shown as 20K.  That would result in a LED current of about 0.7mA.  I think I would have to turn the lights off to see the feeble glow from an LED with this current.  I will be using 2K2 for the +16 and -16, and 330R instead of 4K7 on the +8V LED.

5.  I think I found the pushbutton switch at Mouser.  They have a TL1105 series from E-Switch.  Anyone know if that will work?

6.  At one point, I think I saw a photo of this board with heatsinks on Q3 and Q4.  Yet the version 2 board seems to allow little room for heatsinks of any size.  Can anyone tell me if these actually dissipate much heat in normal operation?

Thanks in advance to a great group!

Bob Bell